Monday, August 07, 2006

One Week Left



Pandora's Trunk is a week away and things are in high gear here in the studio. I am down to the wire as far as money goes - almost all of my events this month are in the second half so the first half is starting to feel pretty sparse. One exception to this - I hung a few paintings at the Arc Cafe here in SF last weekend - the promoter told me at the beginning of the event that he'd already heard some enquiries about my piece, so keep your fingers crossed. It was hanging right next to some really truly Andy Warhol prints, so that was pretty cool. Pittsburgh kids make good... or something. To the left you can see a detail from the large painting (3'8"x3')I hung there. I hope to list it on my website soon.


Here you can see a painting I also finished recently, called Treesailing. I did it after I got back from hiking part of the Pacific Crest Trail with my thruhiker friend Chai Guy. You can read a prose piece I wrote about the trip on his blog.



Several pounds of new-dyed wool came in the mail for me a few days ago. It squashes up small in the box and then it just unspools all over the place when I pull it out. Wool is so yummy.



I made this sign recently to go on my displays for when I sell at events. It's made of handspun yarn and silk scraps pieced onto a scrap of surplus parachute, sewn and painted. I love working in a world that is so texturally rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment