Sunday, June 25, 2006

Objects of Uncommon Delight and only Medium Reality

Here is a parasol that I painted by hand, as a placeholder for all of the new felted wool pieces I will be putting up soon. I am starting this blog as a place to report my progress, a place to come at the end of a long day with steaming fresh projects to say "look! look what I did!" I am starting it as a place to discuss the techniques I use as I do this work, the process of trial and error as I find out what techniques work for me and what don't.

Hi. My name is Rachel, and I am a professional artist. That sounds wierd to say. Oh, sure, my entire professional life I've made art, building theatre scenery to pay the bills - but it's always been someone else's art. I now work for myself, painting in acrylics and mixed media, working in wool and other fibers, trying to make a living as an artist.

We'll see how that turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment